Anti-Ragging Policy as per the Directives of Supreme Court Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:-
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on fresher or any other student by students.
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person;or a group of students.
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, posts, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
Anti Ragging Committee
- The Anti Ragging Committee includes the following members
- Managing Director
- Vice Principal
- Teacher Representative
- Class Teacher
The Committee primarily will examine the following broad aspects of ragging:
- Means and methods of prevention of ragging.
- Possible action that can be taken against students indulging in ragging.
- Possible action that can be taken in the Nursing school in the event of ragging.
- Placing circular on the Notice board about prohibition of ragging in the Institution
- Complaint/ Suggestion Box is been kept at places easily accessible to students
- Declaration is been signed by the Student and Parents regarding their disciplinary behaviour in the campus
Possible Actions mentioned against Ragging
- Suspension from attending classes
- Withholding/ withdrawing scholarship/ fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing in any test/ examination or other evaluation process
- Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel
- Cancellation of admission
National Anti-Ragging Helpline
- Phone: 1800-180-5522
- Email: Helpline@antiragging.in
Regular visit to the hostel to solve the day to day problems of the students.
- To frame policy on the running of the hostels, messes, canteen and other facilities within the hostel.
- Chief Warden to make surprise raids on hostels.
- To ensure that no ragging takes place in the hostels and maintain a ragging free Hostels.
- To ensure maintenance of Discipline in and around the Hostel
- Chief Warden assigned to students to make surprise visits and to maintain a diary of his/her interaction with the freshers.
- Freshers to be lodged, as far as may be, in a separate hostel block
- Hostel warden to be conducted meeting amongst the freshers during the first three months.